Living in Color: the goal of post-abortion recovery is a unique, abortion-specific, grief and loss program that was developed by Jenny McDermid and made its debut in 2010.
Goals of the Program – from the client’s perspective:
- To grieve our abortion losses
- To restore faith and trust in ourselves
- To bring health to broken relationships with God and others
- To identify and control our triggers
- To say “hello” and “goodbye” to our children
- To find peace, closure and new purpose
There are eight chapters in the Living in Color program:
- Ground Zero
- No Man’s Land
- Curling Up
- Volcanic Activity
- Finding Wings
- Hello There!
- Goodbye for Now
- Living in Color
What can you expect as a client of the program?
Clients cover one chapter per week over an 8-week period. Each week clients undergo contemplation, provide their written responses and participate in group discussion. The personal warmth and support offered in these contexts is a powerful part of the healing process. The program closes with most participants eager to embrace a future of purpose, peace and joy.