POST ABORTION STRESS
Are you experiencing feelings of Guilt, Anxiety or Depression?
You may be experiencing Post Abortion Stress (PAS).
Symptoms of PAS may include:
- Feeling compelled to conceal an abortion
- Experiencing prolonged depression
- Emotional “numbing”
- Experiencing disturbing thoughts about babies and abortion
- Having lingering guilt and shame
- Believing you are unworthy
- Avoiding relationships or struggling with intimacy
Some of these negative reactions may be immediate; and some occur many years after the abortion. Post abortion grief can be related to a woman’s age, length of pregnancy, previous mental health, religious or cultural beliefs, or whether she was pressured into an abortion.
Some women also experience secondary symptoms such as flashbacks of the abortion procedure, addictions, eating disorders, self-harm, anniversary syndrome, spiritual disconnection, preoccupation with becoming pregnant again, and interruption of bonding with future children.
If you have had an abortion and are experiencing any of the above, you may be encountering Post Abortion Stress and the Living in Color program addresses the above symptoms and places you on a path of healing.